THE PURPOSE OF THIS PAGE IS TO SHARE MY OPINIONS ON FILMS AND MOVIES BOTH PAST AND PRESENT FOR A NEW GENERATION. MY HOPE IS THAT MY REVIEWS WILL PROVIDE HELPFUL INSIGHT TO BOTH FILM AFICIONADOS, AND TO THE COMMON MOVIE GOER WHEN SELECTING FILMS TO WATCH. Because let's face it, its not getting cheaper to see movies, and nobody wants to spend money on rubbish! (i will make the sacrifice so you don't have to!)

I HOPE YOU ENJOY. --AUSTIN SILL.

GUIDE TO RATINGS:
BLAND-terrible
MILD- Alright...
SPICY- Awesome
FLAMIN'-Amazing

Thursday, December 3, 2009

ATONEMENT- (2007)



--Directed by, Joe Wright. Starring, Keira Knightly, James McAvoy--

Romance, Betrayal, Desire, Longing, and Passion. These words are often used to describe dramas and romantic films, and I feel they are thrown around all too loosely. So, when I use them now, to describe this film, you must note that I truly mean it. Especially that last word, passion. As I walked away from this film, I felt...a grip around me, a shortness of breath almost, like I had lost the love of my life. Not to be dramatic, but "Atonement" really captures that passion, better than any film I have ever seen, and it is able to do so because of the splendid performances by all the actors/actresses involved. Though all the actors did a fine job, I find the performance of James McAvoy to be the most captivating. What he feels, you feel, and when an actor is able to have that sort of an effect on you there is only one word to describe it, "Bravo."


The cinematography/look of this film is quite stunning as well. With wonderful landscape shots, and scenes of deep contrast and color, the visual aspect alone is a beautiful piece of artwork.


It is a story of lost love combined with the horrors of war, and when you hand that plot over to some very talented Directors, actors, and cinematographers you end up with a marvelous film, that sends a message, and truly has an impact on the viewer. "Atonement" deserved it's nomination for "Best Picture" at the Academy Awards. (too bad it was just such a great year for film, i.e. "No Country For Old Men" or it could have taken home the Oscar.)


All in all, If you really like a good drama about war and romance, and you love great photography, then watching this film will be like striking gold. Amazing Film, True Passion, ATONEMENT.

My Rating: FLAMIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment